Friday, May 04, 2007

Does every Family have one??

Hi
Today I have been able to get everything super organised so very happy about that but on another front I am at war with myself as to whether I am the Mother from HELL or just normal. Does every Family have 1 child who will always be in the wrong place at the wrong time, have trouble with friends, break things, retaliate and always get caught, push buttons way beyond pushing and then loose stuff???? I really need to know if anyone can answer for me and shed some light if this is normal.

Take today for example I go to pick up the kids from school and I see Trin walking along waving her school photos around in the air and think to myself "Oh No, why doesnt she put them in her bag" like I see her Brother has. Anyway I pick them up and home we come, get inside and everyone is busting to see the photos. I start looking in Trin's pack and her class photo is missing, turns out she showed 1 of the other girls who is in Keelan's class and then she put it in her bag but it's not in her bag, so then we get upset, we being me at her and her at me, so when calm returns I ask her to retrace steps and she remembers that maybe it fell out when she was swinging her bag around upside down, {well HELLO, that would probably do it!} LOL so I rang the school and as yet it has not been handed into the office but with all the kids waiting for pickup it is probably trodden on and not worth the paper it is printed on.

I don't know how to make her responsible anymore, she is such a day dreamer and so hard to get through to, she is so worried about everybody else instead of herself and now her little friend from school has left and she is starting to go through the emotional rollercoaster she went through in first term. I know I am too hard on her but dont know whether being soft would do her any good either, if she gets an inch she will run a mile. So I feel challenged so much with her ATM, she is the sweetest Child and so very emotional and sensitive so it breaks my heart to be hard on her but I just can't bring the message home to her to be responsible for herself and her stuff. What a weird week I have had, I seem to have had every emotion to deal.

Well lets hope the weekend brings us all some emotional healing or miracle and we can get back on track. Take care
Trace.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Tracey I can totally relate to the '1 child thing'. My DS is everything you describe and so much more. I love him dearly but he does my head in on a daily basis. If you want to chat feel free to e-mail me.

Good on you for having an organised day!


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers