Friday, May 11, 2007

De-clutter bug.

Hi
I had lunch with Oprah again today and she had a really interesting guy on, he is all about getting rid of the clutter in our lives, how having obesity or weight problems and clutter go hand in hand and how their is underlying issues for us personally if we have clutter in our house.

Well the family they did the show on OMG clutter, you have not seen clutter, I go off about my house being feral, but geez next time I should take a chill pill. These guys have not thrown out a thing since getting together and they have since put 4 children into the picture. Far out it was amazing but great the girls watched it as their chins hit the floor also. They now understand why Mum is like a cracked record. But seriously this Lady brought each of her girls a new item of clothing a day. And let me tell you most of it was on the floor. A path was all you could see throughout the house for them to walk on. I dont know where they sat as the lounge was stacked high. Poor people, she was a lovely lady too but I think 4 children really overwhelmed her and she took to the shops to escape.

Anyhow once the show finished I was inspired to get my walk in robe done, I have clothes, clothes and more clothes and every size available and from many years ago to now, so I got serious and filled the floor with clothes, I now have 2 big garbage bags for charity and 1 big bag for garage sale although I may even throw that to charity. Then I thought about my scrap room and shed and I am ready to get rid of more. This house doesnt need nick nack or clutter, it looks fine with little around so I will get rid of the stored items that dont suit here and stop hanging onto it. I got lots of great advice from this guy, should have written his name down as he has a book. But I really liked his whole concept on it all. Anyway I will be back into it on Monday and I will be putting a lot more in the bin when I clean up from now on!!

Trin is improving, although she was vomiting last night but her ear is looking better, the staph bug is under control thank goodness, that is a scary little bug and it works fast too. Today she was running and the dog tripped her over and she had a bag in her hand full of her treasures and she came down hard on it. She screamed so I ran and got her up and saw pens etc in her bag and she said " Ouch I broke my Boobie" I tried so hard not to laugh but then tonight I lifted the bag and found a big rock in it, ouch no wonder she nearly broke her boobie and her rib too. Keelan has finished swimming lessons yay, no more wet towels and clothes. He finds out next week if he passed. On that note I am off to scrap.
Take care
Trace.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Tracey,
Isn't it a great feeling when you achieve a big decluttering mission. I have been trying to do the same here and am slowly getting through it. Glad to hear your poor girl is on the mend, she's had a rough couple of weeks. I will e-mail you soon - the last week has been horrendous but things are going to get better.
{{{{hugs}}}}


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers