Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Last of the Christmas gifts.

Hi
This is the wall hanging I made for Dad, it is for his workshop as he sells the little cars in the picture which come from USA and the kidlets are in my racing suits from all those many many years ago, Mum made them for me as we have been a long time Speedway Family with Dad having his own Speedcar to Dad and the boys being pit crew for Tom Watson for many years so these pics have many memories for Dad as well as his current business. He has the cutest Brum car for sale which the kids are so set on having, they are the old pedal type cars and so well made and put together, Zay hates getting out of them. The little Go kart stamp is Dad's business logo. I mod podged the lettering so it wont lift off, these frames came from a King kong like business that is here for $2 and they are so great to decorate up, really good quality and they take a little bulk on the layout and you could even paint or mod podge a napkin border around the pine or just left raw looks great also as the flat edge allows you to put things around it like lettering or the tools like on Dad's. They are just such great gift ideas and so fun to do, the ideas for them are endless, I have another couple here to do something with, even a theme for a child's bedroon would look great.



This is the one I did for my Aunty, my Children are her Great Nieces and Nephews yet she treats them just as wonderful as she ever treated us, she loves spoiling Children and it is hard to know what to get her so I thought having the kidlets to look at on her wall would be a good idea. I loved how this turned out, want to have one for our house now. First time I used the felt border and it took a bit of time and patience getting it all on straight and perfect, anyone used it and have any good tips about it?? Seeing as I have packets of it to use up. LOL. Sorry the pics of it are not the best, whatever way I took it the light wanted to shine across it.

So that is the end of my Christmas gifts and I have a couple of layouts tomorrow to post. I can't believe how quiet the house is now we have 2 children home, I think we will go for a drive this arvo to get the kidlets out of the house, Tim is back to work tomorrow, it seems to have flown by his time off and we have been busy catching up on things here as well as our break in Perth. He sold his ute yesterday which he is sad about, he has owned it for about 11 years and for now he will have to drive the Astra when he needs a car until we can get him something else down the track.

We had a quiet New Years, but I guess when you get older and have kidlets the thought of a hangover the next day is certainly no longer appealing. Have a great New Year Day all and take care
Trace.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree and feel for you Trace - the bike thing is a worry! I loved your wall hangings, the words and charms around the edges were perfect. As always your pics are great. Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2008 and hope everything goes really well for you guys this year. Court xx


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers