Monday, January 28, 2008

EXHAUSTED but impressed!


Hi
Our weekend has been very busy, trying to squeeze every moment out of each hour. Saturday Tim worked and Keelan had a friend come in the arvo for a sleepover, Zay and I hit the shops early to grab our Aussie food for the BBQ that evening and the kidlets enjoyed that when Tim came home and cooked it for us.

Sunday we got out in the garden early, Tim had 3 trailer loads of stuff already to take out the tip from our major effort the week before and then I started out the front, pulling out loads of fern that had gone wild and cutting back dead limbs from palms, then Tim joined me once he had caught up on the tip loads and we started chopping down things again until I had to stop and give everyone lunch and then take Keelan's mate home on the way to drop him off with his Dad, when I returned over 2 and half hours later it was a lot warmer but Tim urged me to join him again even though I nearly crawled out the car as my back had ceased up. We got stuck into it again and then I ran a huge bath with relaxing body shop bubble bath and then ended up with 3 kidlets in with me also and Tim turned the spa on and before we knew it we disappeared into bubble land LOL. I had to keep hold of Zay for fear of loosing him in the bubbles. It is funny how something so simple makes kids so happy, we talked Tim into jumping in on his own as he was really dirty and he got the peace and quiet, typical isn't it. LOL. But it did wonders for my back, I could walk freely again.

Today we got back out and finished digging out Banana trees and banksia trees etc. I think we got about 12 banana trees out, they just get so messy, the possums will only have 2 banana trees left now. So I have a lot of free space to plant some new plants in and I just have to keep the ferns at bay. My azaleas and fuchias can now get more sunlight and water. Not a very exciting weekend when we know lots of people have camped and celebrated with Family etc. But we really just had to get it done and the satisfaction is always a bonus, don't think my poor fingers could stand to pull another thing out for a while but. LOL. Tomorrow will be house cleaning as the kidlets have had the run of the house while we have been busy and it shows it big time. We have visitors staying tomorrow night so I need it spic n span again.

Well must get this tired body to bed, boy it feels really old and cranky today, it has had a fair workout this weekend that is for sure. Take care, Trace.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Trace, I feel your back pain - I have been in pain all weekend too - but I would give anything for a spa.LOL And don't worry we are painting at Easter!!Court xx

Janine said...

Geez- I feel tired reading your post! But good on you- I should really put a little work into my garden. Your photos look gorgeous!

Have a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi trace

We had a busy one too Yesterday Brad mowed and cleaned up his shed and I cleaned out 10 tonne of sand and cobwebs out of the girls cubbies and we washed both cars so we felt like we had a productive day.

Talk soon

Kim


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers