Sunday, February 24, 2008

Times are a changin,

Hi,

Things around here are changing lately, the end is nigh for some stages of my life and my childrens, they may be small changes but in the bigger picture of our life they are important changes and in some ways it is sad but in other ways all is good. Sound cryptic well let me explain.

My Baby Boy has been toilet training and is now pretty much there with it all, the last 3 nights he has been dry which to me is the biggest sign of all, the sign that his little body has finally got it hook line and sinker. To me that is the end of my nappy days and wiping the bottom stage in little ones lives, that last little piece of independence takes Zay now onto the next stage of his life and although I have always thought this day would be so great, it is in fact bittersweet to think that this means I no longer have babies in this house. Little people with a lot of attitude sure but no more babies. sob sob sob.

The next change is the taxi timetable has now got a whole lot busier and that will only get even more so, I now have to get everything on the calendar so I can follow to plan all the interests the kidlets are getting in to. Trinity started Jazz dancing Saturday morning and loved it, Rainee was also meant to start but she got cold feet and spent the whole lesson on the chair watching, that is after I had prized her off my leg. She went so keen to dance but once inside the door she just froze. So in the afternoon she said she would give Acrobatics a go with Trin so back we went and got to the door and the same thing happened so it is only Trin doing the dancing but she loved it and has come home doing backflips and bend backs. It is really funny as I thought Rainee would have been the best at Acrobatics but turns out Trin is a lot more flexible, so she is doing her dancing exercises every morning and gets her uniform and shoes next Saturday.

Surf Club was this morning and apart from having to clean the beach front before the kidlets started from all the broken alcohol bottles left everywhere even in the sand it was another fun day for the kids and a great morning for swimming and beach fun. They have about 4 more surf club days left however next week it is moved to Saturday so Trin is going to go Dancing of course, she wont miss that.

So with all I have on my plate with the kidlets between school, sport and all the preparation and Study that starts for me tomorrow I dont know when I will fit scrapping in, I think I will have to pencil it in on the calendar otherwise it may become a thing of the past for me and I certainly dont want that to happen, gosh I need this room of supplies to get used sometime.

I can remember being snowed under 2 years ago with 3 little ones under my feet daily and 1 at school wondering when it would get easier and being told by girlfriends it just gets busier but on a different scale well that is what I am entering into now and I have to say I miss having them under my feet and grabbing those cuddles all day long. But I must embrace change and get into the role of timetables and pick ups and drop off's and follow the path of our new direction and watch them blossom into who they are becoming at a rate of knots. Life sure moves fast.
Have a great week and I hope somewhere this week I can create and get some pics of my fast growing bunch of cherubs.
Take care
Trace.

1 comment:

Sharon Manning said...

I hear you loud and clear....Gemma is dancing 3 nights a week at the moment (7 classes in all). Renae isn't working at the moment which is a blessing as it means another hour in the car every time she works a shift. AND I only have 2 kids not 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The older they get the more social life they seem to get too - more than us adults.
Just take one step at a time and remember that you can only be in one place at a time.
Take Care
Sharon xxx


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers