Saturday, February 09, 2008

Cooking up a storm.

Hi
Today has been a busy day with about 4 hours of it spent in the kitchen cooking, cooking and more cooking. I had minimal eggs and marg so I was pretty happy with the mega amounts of goodies we did get to bake. The kidlets helped with most of it, first we made cornflake biscuits and I added chopped chocolate chunks into the mix and they are yum. Next was Coconut delight, my Mum baked this weekly when I was a kid as it was my all time favourite. Then Tim's favourite which is Coconut and Cherry slice and then Keelan made a lemon cake and Chocolate cake with me at the end although he did nearly the whole lot, mixer and all. So they are now all iced and put away in containers some ready for the freezer and the rest will get eaten in no time.

I felt like Izzy off Grey's Anatomy cooking through grief. Last week my cousin committed suicide and I have had a really mixed up time over it all, it seems only now the water works have arrived and just dont want to stop. I really wanted to go to his funeral but it was impossible for me to get there yesterday and when Mum told me all about it this morning I just could not get it out of my mind and still can't. Glen has always fought his demons in life but at 29 it seems he finally couldn't take it anymore and it shocked the family so much as no one really had any idea that he was feeling so dark.

We are going to see my Uncle and Aunty and Cousins tomorrow so I have lots of baked goodies to take and I am going to cook them a main meal in the morning to take with us as Uncle Kevin said they have been living off take away this past week and have had enough of it. I have made a Sympathy card, my first since starting scrapping and card making and I also made 16 Thankyou cards for them to send off to anyone they need to Thank down the track. All the while the tears have just flowed and flowed. It's times like this that I so need to hug my Mum yes even at 40 and just let my river flow, like Uncle Kevin said this all makes you realise how much your Family all mean to you no matter how distant your relationships are.

To my cousin Glen I just hope you are resting in peace now and that Nana gave you that great big hug she always had for you as you were so special to her and that you are with Em.

I will post my layouts later this week, I did manage to get 2 done. Looking forward to Tim being home tomorrow, 1 day a week together is just not enough but that is another story.
Have a great Sunday and don't miss any opportunity to be with loved ones no matter what.
Take care
Trace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin - you must be feeling so many different emotions - my thoughts are with you and wish I could give you a great big hug. (((((((a cyber hug)))))))))
Take care, Court xxxx


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers