Monday, April 30, 2007

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Hi
Lately I have come across a few sad stories of Families loosing Children and each time I am reminded to ponder how we end our day. Did the Kidlets go to bed knowing how much I loved them and were they feeling safe, secure and proud of themselves as they dropped of to sleep?? No matter what happens in our day I am making a conscious effort to put them to sleep at night knowing how much I love them and what they did that day that was so special to me. I spoke to a girlfriend late this arvo and in convo I mentioned that life was ticking away pretty much the same, cleaning house, running the kidlets around for school etc, harping at them to pick up toys and things they leave around the house and she then told me of a story which has since made me think how I can make myself stop sweating the small stuff and lighten up. She told me about a little girl from her Daughter's school who was diagnosed with a brain tumour 3.5 weeks ago and has just passed away. That poor Family had just 3.5 weeks to say goodbye to her and cherish every last second of time with her. The Mother is weeks off having her 3rd child and the other sibling is 2.5 years old, this little girl was 5 in Pre primary. How devastating would that be, I just keep choking back the tears and I dont know this Family but my thoughts and prayers as certainly going out to them, Trin is that age and I just dont know how you could get through the shock and grief of something so sudden and fast and be pregnant also.

I have been really taking time out with my Kidlets lately and enjoying every moment I spend with them and when I heard this story it just reinforced to me more how important that is. It is hard spreading love evenly between 4 sometimes the others get their nose out of joint as on a particular day I may be needed more with 1 more than another but I feel better knowing that I am putting them to bed at night with love in their hearts and mind and they sleep so much better for that also. Takes 5 mins of my time for that hug and the right words but we all feel so much better off for it. So we must always remember the washing will wait, the dirt wont go away, the tea will eventually get cooked but the moment they ask of you will pass if we dont down tools and give it to them.

So onto some lighter news, we had Tim's folks and Sister here yesterday, Tim and his Sister and Dad went and got us some wood and MIL stayed with the kidlets and I. After getting my beds changed and washing hung out and lunch prepared we sat and had a wine and chat and waited for the merry wood collectors. They came home a bit wet but they got us a good load of wood and then we had a lovely lunch and more wine. Tim went and picked up Keelan and took the 2 little ones and Trin and I had time together while I ironed we chatted and she coloured in a flower for me. Today I was hanging out washing and was just about to come inside when Zay asked me to give him a ride in the little wood trolley, he had his 2 go karts tyres in with him and normally I would say I was busy but his little face melted me so off we went, great exercise for me, I will have to do it more often, so we did a few laps around the yard and out the yard around the shed area and back again. He was so happy and so was I for stopping and giving him some special time.

Don't you just love the feel of a little ones hand on your face, they have such soft skin and it feels awesome. I just love it and I make sure I get my fix from Zay every day, there is something special about a 2.5 year old hugging you and putting their little hand on your face or neck. LOVE IT, LOVE IT. I need to find some time to create soon, I just dont know what I want to do that is the problem, hoping to get some inspiration soon.
Thanks for reading all this if you get to the end. Have a great week.
Take care
Trace.

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers