Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rivendell Winery

Hi
Today we went to Rivendell Winery in Yallingup for lunch for Tim's Birthday which is on Thursday this week and for our 5th Wedding Anniversary which is this coming Friday, all celebrations we had early with Tim's folks and his Sister. We started off with wine tasting and found we all loved a lot but all agreed the Chardonay was a winner with us all and then we had the yummiest lunch OMG, it was all to die for and the setting was just wonderful, the Kidlets had a ball, they have gorgeous gardens, (shame it is so dry down here ATM) with little nooks and cranies everywhere, the kids found a little cubby in a tree and then Kings and Queen outdoor table and chairs all made from wood. When we first pulled up I thought "oh no this place doesnt look much, bad choice Trace" but then when we tryed the wines and had the food, this place was divine. I got some nice photos but we are going to go back, we didnt have Keelan, he is with his Dad this weekend but we will take him and it is relaxing and enjoyable with Kidlets as they have the garden to explore. I took some great pics but the ones with me in are not the best just had fun playing with the girls and taking them myself, Rainee was in fits as I kept missing bits of us till I got it right. It was a hot one too, went to Simmo's for ice cream afterwards but all decided we were too full so got takeaway tub. I certainly welcomed a great day today as yesterday was horrible for me, had some gastro virus I came down with on Thursday night and of course I would get it on the busiest day. Trini had walk a thon which I couldnt go to for risk of needing toilet in hurry and had that achy, fevery body happening. She was so kind to point out that I was the only Mother missing. Keelan had assembly with his class yesterday so I had to go and watch that at 2.30pm, Trins teacher was probably wondering why I got to that and not the walkathon. Then flew home and changed cars and up to Collie with Keelan to deliver him to his Dad's for the weekend. Tim was unable to get off work and take him but the pains held out till I got home thankfully. Had visions of taking bush with tissues and leaving 4 little kids in the car and that would not have been good!! Had my usual nerve shattering experience with Zay on the way home, they were perfect going up but coming home sucks!!! For them and Me. Did my usual not so calm mental woman snap and then all was pretty quiet for the last 45 mins home. Thank Goodness, fell in the door told Tim I needed panadol and bed and off I went for an hour and then got up and had something to eat. So I prayed I would be better for Today and thankfully I was. Tomorrow is going to be pretty full on here, clean 2 cars and get gardens up to scratch and then pick Keelan up late arvo. Just as well today was a great break. On that note will be off and pics below of our day out. Tim's Mum had no idea his Dad was doing the rabbit ears behind her head and we all laughed and she laughed with us not realising what was going on, so funny!! Take care, Trace. xx
Posted by Picasa

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers