Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dignity has left this house.

Hi
Picture this on an overcast Saturday morning: Husband is outside spraying weeds, I am keeping kidlets inside. 11 year old is having one of those days that you dare look sideways at him as he is likely to leap from the other side of the room and tackle you to the ground or best case scenario storm off to his room and slam door with such force the whole house shakes.

3 year old is being an absolute pain in the behind, terrorising anyone and anything that crosses his path.

near 5 year old and 6 year old Daughters are in a state of stupor, giggly and egging each other on to see who can do the most stupid of things and annoy anyone in a close radius as much as possible and then just errupt into giggle fit no: 2010 for the morning.

I am on another planet just really wanting to go to bed with the flu but soldering on getting some sort of order around here wishing for the thousandth time back up would finish spraying and come in and help reign some order back in here as both of us combined ATM would only amount up to 1 good parent on a well day.

Nature calls so I off to the toilet, before long the anticipated knock at the door arrives and the "Mum a lady at the door wants to see you", but before I could answer she runs off calling Dad so I presume he is there and sigh relief and then take my time in the peace and tranquility of this quiet little corner of the house. I wash my hands and open the door to hear keys jingling and the girls standing at the door talking to the ladies and trying to open the door. (So glad all the lectures of talking to strangers has been all absorbed and taken on board yeh right!) so knowing who the Ladies were I thought if I stay here a bit longer and they can't open the door they might just leave.

Well you better rethink that option, the girls are showing them all sorts of stuff and dancing and entertaining these dear old ladies who want to bash my ear about religion and are concreted to the front step until they do so. So I have had enough hiding in the ensuite and bravely make my way to the door and start hearing about their big chat and no amount of I am Catholic Thankyou but we have our own views and values etc etc would stop this old darling from leaving before she had it all off her chest. Meanwhile the girls are in a stupor and I am feeling the last twang of my patience cord starting to give way. I fight with keys to open the door and accept the papers and send them finally on their way, shut the door and head to grab those girls and give lecture no. 5000493939 about talking to strangers when I find D.H. standing in the kitchen in his jocks waiting for them to leave so he could get to our bedroom for some pants and a pair of my pants on the breakfast bar that Rainee grabbed for him to put on so he could talk to the lady.

I asked him what was going on and he said "Oh you should have heard it, the girls told the ladies Mummies in the toilet and Daddies got no pants on so he can't come to the door." he said they just kept saying to the ladies, Daddies in the kitchen with no pants on he can't come and talk to you and Tim kept yelling "I have my jocks on". ROFL.

What did they think, no wonder I could not get rid of them, they probably felt from the whole picture they were seeing this house really needed some of the good Lords intervention and fast. EXPRESS MAIL with 4 kidlets running around in a frenzy and Dad in the kitchen with no pants and Mum in the toilet, missing in action.
Tim took his pants off in the laundry as he had been spraying and was on his way to get some clean ones then the girls opened the door and hence the above scene erupted. I can see this is going to be one of those days, it is such a calming thought to realise we have raised such thoughtful children that when told Mum and Dad are not feeling very well, ( cough another lung up) that they have the good sense to start bouncing off the walls and up the anti as much as they can. We can both sleep well tonight knowing we are succeeding in raising very considerate kind children. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Hope your Saturday is going great and if you find our Dignity out there please return it to us.
Take care
Trace.

4 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

Oh Tracey, I have tears rolling down my face whilst ROFL....what a funny scenario. We had some similar visitors once and when DH appeared with blood running down his face after smacking his head on a pipe under the house beacuse the so called visitor had scared him half to death, well lets just say she left very suddenly! I do hope you are feeling better soon and back on track.

Janine said...

Sorry Tracey but I was having a good old laugh whilst reading this!!! Kids- gotta love 'em!!!!

Mardi said...

ROFL...This is a total crack up Tracy...thanks for the laugh...
Mardi xx

Mardi said...

...sorry Tracey.... left your 'e' out...ooops..


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers