Friday, September 28, 2007

Bits n Bobs of randomness.

Hi
Yay School holidays has hit, we are all so happy about 2 weeks off from the old school routine.
We are still battling with the flu bug which is so annoying. It has really knocked us for a total six and every day you get up thinking you will be fine but you just aren't and by lunch time you start the down hill slide back into the pits. So I guess we will stay positive that we will get up tomorrow and be a bit closer to beating this thing off.

On a much brighter note we went to school assembly this arvo as Keelan received his first merit certificate for the year. His portfolio has also come home and he has a lot of pleasing results in that. Trinity and Rainee also have worked hard as their portfolios show.

We decided to take the kidlets out to tea tonight to celebrate school holidays and also this is probably the only time we will be together as a whole family during the holidays. Trin and Keelan are going to Mum and Dad's on Sunday and then Keelan will spend 10 days with his Dad also so we went to our favourite restaurant and had a great meal and a great time. They are really so great to take out now compared to Father's Day last year when we tried to take them all there for tea. It was stressful keeping them occupied and sitting still. But tonight they coloured in and Zay was a bit of a wanderer but he only played with some pebbles in a plantar box a couple of steps from us so he was no worries at all and they were really hungry so they enjoyed their meal.

Zay has been without the Dummy now since Monday night, he is still missing it but slowly it is getting easier to settle him. He says to me "Dum Dum goes in mm mouth." (mm is me) he just doesn't say me its mm. Funny little sayings they have.
I have to share this funny story, I was in my scrap room before we went out to tea, Tim was getting dressed and Rainee and Zay were in our room talking to him and Zay was being cheeky and sticking his tongue out which is he most favourite expression ATM. Tim told him he would cut his tongue off if he poked it out again and Zay was protesting. Tim said to him "you don't see Mum sticking her tongue out do you?"
Rainee pipes up and says " She only pokes her tongue out when she has pepper on the side of it!" How random was that comment. I nearly choked trying to laugh and cough with the flu, a 4 year old just says the most out there stuff. LOL.

Oh and something else rather random have you seen the new dress code for waitresses? Jeans that are very short waisted so you have to cover your butt crack with your hand when you bend down to retrieve something off the floor, no wonder all the young good looking guys snapped their necks off when they heard glasses or plates fall on the floor, the clean up act is something to witness, I am suprised the guys didnt knock their drinks over most of the night or maybe as the night wore on they may start to get clumsy but I witnessed it twice from 2 different sized waitresses so it is obviously the shortage we have ATM on denim material that can be blamed for the short fall. LOL. (I am showing my age I think).

Things have been a bit tense on the home front this week between the flu and a certain weekly wage that is missing from the Family budget, Tim's new job lead is proving to be a bit of a leaky boat so to speak so I think he will have to try some other avenue's next week. He has not been a very happy vegemite to say the least but I hope and pray that next week might bring some better news into our life. I thought farming life had its hurdles but I think I would walk back on the farm tomorrow after having to deal with my Husband and employment, very hard for a man who has been self employed for over 26years to find himself having to answer to a Boss. I have been waiting for him to go through a really hard time and miss the farm and his Friends who have grown up around him and this week has seen the reality of it all hit Tim so we are trying to get him through this rough patch and I truly hope for him he will find something he loves doing and working with some great guys to help him settle here.
Well I think that is all the catch up for now. Sleeeep in tomorrow, no hastling kidlets to hurry up, no clock watching and planning what happens when, just freedom. woo hoo. Take care
Trace.

1 comment:

Sharon Manning said...

Tracey I do hope DH sorts some things out but all you can do is be a sympathetic ear. I know my DH went thru a very similar thing a few years back and now things have come full circle and he's back working for himself, but I did hear some rumbling the other day that he would be better off working for someone else.....the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence....until we get there and find out it isn't!
Hang in there it will sort itself out I'm sure.


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers