Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chrissy card class



Hi
We had our 1st Christmas card making class yesterday, we want to get started early as the way time is going and from previous years experience you tend to run out of time for the little extras. I ordered a few Christmas scrap packs from Stampin up to get us started and I like the colours for our warm Christmas climate we have in Australia. I also really love this stamp set which is in our mini spring catalogue which runs till the end of November "Wishing you" is a really sweet delightful set, I am so happy with this set. I have to get thinking about special little gift ideas now as for 2 weeks we will cover cards and then we are going to do some little Christmas boxes and things we can put homemade goodies in like Rocky road and shortbread etc. Just little somethings for neighbours and friends etc. It has put us all in the gear to put TLC and not so much expense into our Christmas gifts this year which I just love receiving something from the heart it makes the gift a lot more special.

Wouldn't you know it with Mum arriving today to have the kidlets for us for the weekend Rainee and Zay are fighting terrible coughs, fevers and colds. Rainee is getting better but Zay is probably at the start of it, he had a raging temp last night so I had to watch him with that and today he is whingy and clingy and unsettled which is part and parcel of a sick child. Not great timing as usual and they have been so well I just hope Mum and Dad don't get it.

OMG last night as the kidlets were having sweets I was sitting with them having a laugh about funny sayings that my Nana's and Mum have quoted to me over the years and as Rainee was cracking up laughing she suddenly started a coughing fit then next minute blood just started running out of her nose and mouth and I mean running, Keelan ran for the tissues and in fright nearly emptied the box reeling them off and throwing them at us, Trin sat frozen in time as did Zay and I, it was scary to see blood just empty out of her like that and when she opened her mouth it was pouring out there as much as her nose. We got her flat on her back on the lounge and the poor thing was freakin out, crying and choking on blood. After a little while it clotted and stopped and she has been right as rain since, Keelan jumped into action running literally to help with the situation, Tim just kept on packing the dishwasher, Trin kept eating her ice cream and Zay kept rubbing her arm all concerned. My boys are definitely more sympathetic than Trin. LOL. Keelan felt sick when it all calmed down, I thought his nurse action was too good to be true. He does tend to have a weak tummy. So that was our excitement for the night, who would have thought making kidlets laugh and have fun should come with a health warning. LOL.

This is really about the slowest week I have endured for a long time, waiting to see Mum and Dad as well as bursting with excitement to go away for the weekend is making it drag no matter how busy I am keeping myself, in another hour Mum will be here and then you can bet the time will start flying around the clock. LOL.
Well best be off and get some more things done as they say "no rest for the wicked" gee I must be so so wicked. LOL.
Take care
Trace.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sharon Manning said...

Firstly if I asked really nicely do you think you could make all my Christmas cards for me? They are fantastic! It is years since I made my own - I just seem to run out of time.
I so wish you the best weekend ever and it sounds like just what a married couple needs every now and then. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Rainee is better, how scary! I love your cards - just gorgeous.


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers