Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My angels look after me!

Hi,
Things were happening at a steady pace until late Sunday night when I started to feel ill before bed time but thought nothing much of it until Trin who was having an unsettled night came and woke me for the 3rd time at about 2.30am and I felt that aching lurk in every muscle and bone, I ended up swapping beds with Trin as I realised that she had seen things on a DVD which she was having nightmares about. I woke about 7am and felt violently ill and prayed that seeing as it was raining that Tim's work was cancelled and he came home.

The girls were up by then so I went back to my bed a shivering, aching heap. About 7.30am I heard the most magical music to my ears, Tim's ute turned up home, he came in and said "get up sleepy head" but I could just mumble "I'm so ill" so for the 1st time in nearly my whole life I pretty much stayed in bed most of the day and slept off this miserable stomach viral bug that Rainee had shared with me and now I feel so bad she had to sit in the car with a bucket while we grabbed Christmas toy shopping on Saturday, I guess that was my punishment for not being very sympathetic to her. Thankfully the aches and shivers are gone today and only a grumbly tummy and lots of sweats when I was doing housework but other than that I think I am glad I did get to bed and deal with it yesterday. I just pray now that Trin and Tim don't get it as Christmas is getting closer and we are going to be around a lot of Family this time next week.

Trin had 3 fillings done today and she was a brave little trouper. She has 5 little ones left, I am horrified she had so many eruptions but the greatest thing is she is letting the dentist sort her teeth out but I found out today this dentist is going private practice next year so I guess if Trin will not trust the next one we will follow Alex to her new practice. So we came home and the girls coloured in their pictures the dentist gave them and I got stuck into some house work and then this afternoon I tried to finish off a present for Mum and Dad but then the girls decided they wanted to do a heart book so they traced and I cut out cardboard hearts and then they just started painting when Tim came home early again 3.30ish so we had a coffee together and then we went out the shed and went through all the boxes of toys that we had stashed out their from the farm and others we had taken out the house when they got too messy, I was so in the mood to chuck out, Tim said "you should get the stomach bug more often", he loves that our stuff is getting out of his shed, he so needs to get that sorted out and this house doesn't accomodate the stuff the farm house did and baby toys are no longer needed here. LOL.

After a good purge we had 4 big boxes of toys to take to the op shop so we had tea and when it got nearly dark, dropped them off and went and looked at Christmas lights, the girls were so tired but as we have had a busy day and tomorrow looks no better, I will so enjoy kicking back the week of Christmas we just have to get through the rest of the week, wrap presents, do some more appointments, pack, cook, finish off some projects, get some cards made and go to Christmas parties, onwards and upwards I guess.
Take care and stay safe
Trace.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Don't you just love a good toy clean out!!! My Dad has vintage motor bikes and each year, before Christmas, they do a 'toy run' taking toys on their bikes to the needy -so each year I supply Dad with his toys from similar clean outs!!!

Glad you are feeling better, nothing worse than being sick, anytime let alone on the run up to Christmas! How fortunate that Tim came home!

Have a great day!!!


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers