Sunday, October 07, 2007

Our not so quiet school holidays.

Hi
These pics are my new little additions to my kitchen and dining, I really hate having a plastic cover on our lovely dining table but it just gives it that bit more protection from the kids and my craft days. The owl and little lantern now have a home in my shelf in the kitchen so I will have to share the pics of them later with their new little additions. I am really loving giving the decor a revamp and although this vase was not cheap, it will be able to be used forever with any different makeover I choose to put in it.



We have had a really busy weekend, almost that kind of dizzy feeling weekend when you really dont know if you are coming or going and mostly everyone is going in different directions. Friday started with an early start to go and meet Mum and Dad for brunch and pick up Trin. I did some more shopping getting my change of season list down to next to nothing now and will have to put the padlock back on the door and stay home!!!!
We got home around 1.30pm then it was unpack and get some order in the house as I had a girlfriend coming for drinks so she arrived about 5pm and we had nibblies and a big bottle of wine which I know I drank most of then her Hubby wanted to come around so Tim went and got him as he was the sober one and we ended up having a light tea and more drinks for me meanwhile I made plans to pick my Girlfriend up Saturday morning and go and do some more shopping and I promised her no children but then I remembered Trin had a Birthday party at 11am so I took Rainee so Tim only had 2 to look after. We got home around 1.50pm as Tim and Zay were heading out the door to pick up Trin so then Rainee and I unloaded the car and then I started revamping my kitchen shelf.

Since my kitchen was renovated I have struggled to find something nice to display in this shelf unit so I think I am finally happy with my outcome although I could do with just one more little vase. LOL.

Whilst shopping Rainee and I bumped into another Kindy Mum and her Daughter so the Mother asked Rainee if she would like to go to a Birthday party this morning at the park. So my sleep in was cut short as I had to get up and get us both organised for that. It was a lovely morning and they were really lovely Mum's and we have decided to try and get together on a regular basis at that park for the kids to play and us to chat. I also met another lady from Holland and we clicked straight away so we want to get together for coffee as well. I came home feeling like I have met some really lovely Ladies who finally have children my kids age which I have really lacked the company of since moving here.

This arvo has been just as hectic with household chores and finishing our bed revamp and lots of other bits and pieces and Tim's folks calling in amongst that.

Tim starts a new job tomorrow so we are going to be back into the work routine for him again. He will be working longer hours now so that is going to change all things around here I guess but lucky we have school holidays for another week so he has time to adjust to earlier mornings and I will have to get used to being up earlier as the kids wont get breakfast in with Dad now.

Well better go and watch Kath and Kim. Have a great night. Sorry for such a scrambled message and for those who drop by and take the time to leave a comment a big Thankyou to you, it makes my day. Mwahhhh.
Take care
Trace.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sharon Manning said...

Tracey it sounds like you have had a mad weekend and a new routine this week will hopefully settle things down somewhat.
I might just get you up here to re-decorate my house for me....you have made some gorgeous purchases, love the owl.
Enjoy your last week of school holidays.
Sharon xxx


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers