Saturday, August 25, 2007

So proud of my kidlets.

Hi
We have had a busy Saturday. The day started off with the usual washing and clean up and Tim and Keelan went shopping to do lots of bits and pieces and Keelan is turning 11 on the 4th Sept. so they went to see what new bike he has in mind. Gulp anyone looked at bike prices these days for an 11 year old. I am thinking mortgage the shed might be a good option. LOL. Not really but we are definitely talking way out the ball park of his last bike purchase. Anyway he got all dejected when we just couldn't produce the cash out the old back pocket and buy it today.
We had lunch with him putting the guilts out to us and ended up making me get the angry's over his attitude. He ended up sulking off to room and I ended up bashing Tim's ear about money and the general lows of life with no money.

So then I got to thinking that having bored winter house bound kidlets weekend after weekend is driving us nuts and Keelan is such a hard worker, he strives on earning pocket money and doing good but lately with so much rain the weekends have been lazing around getting bored so I had a brain wave right as he presented back in the living room, "Keelan do you want to earn some pocket money and get rid of some of that anger and frustration you have brewing ATM?" to which he replies, "What!"
Me: "Well you know how the vegie patch behind the shed is a jungle, today with all the rain the weeds would be easy to pull so how about you take the girls and show them how it's done and they could help you".
Keelan: "How much would I got for doing that?"
Me: "Well I will decide that when the job is finished!"
Keelan: "Okay".
Off he went and I tried to convince the girls to follow with gusto, I even went to find their work boots and gloves and then ventured out to give Keelan some more advice.

I walk around the corner of the shed and he said "Mum this is really hard, all this grass is so tough to get out". Well the grass had really taken over the whole darn patch. So I started to pull some out and then the girls joined us and then Hubby wandered out, mean time Zay is sleeping. So we spent a good 3 hours out there having a huge cleanup and the kidlets worked and worked as much as Tim and I. We had a few sun showers but that just made it better, I love to garden in the rain. Mad I know but I am certainly at my best in the cool. I just wish we had taken a photo, we have the last little patch to finish tomorrow and then it is ready for some veggies to go in. Trin fell over at one stage and skun her knees big time, she had blood dripping down her leg and yet I just encouraged her to rest a little and nurse Rainee ran and got tissues and then even though it would have been painful she continued to help instead of spit the biscuit and go back to a DVD which is so what Trin would normally do. The back of the ute is loaded up big time and my butt is getting as stiff as a board by the minute and my fingers are cut and sore but "Oh what a feelin" to have achieved what we did today as a family. The kidlets have had double chocolate topped hugs and lovin out of this Mum tonight I tell you as they worked so hard to help their Mum and Dad today. Keelan does not have 1 tiny grain of anger in his system either, he really got it all out pulling out a whole heap of overgrown plants and grass. Tooooo gooodd for the soul. LOL.
Take care
Trace.

2 comments:

Janine said...

Wow Tracey, you sound so happy and proud of your kids- it is a GOOD feeling isn't it!!! Make sure you take photos of the finished veggie patch to show off to all of us!!! Good on you- great family spirit!!!

Anonymous said...

Had a belly laugh from the 'mortgage the shed' you are so funny Trace. You guys might not have much money, but the love and how great you guys are as parents certainly make up for it and I for one know that that is a million times better than having lots of money. xx


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers