Thursday, August 16, 2007

Card making

Hi
Just sharing the cards I made this week, my ladies did Sister cards but I dont have a Sister so my cards say something different where they put Sister. The scan is really dull compared to the colours IRL. The kindy glitz didn't even show up and the chalk colours on the 2 floral cards didnt show the lovely plum and green hue in the background. Oh well IRL they look a lot prettier. The Happy Birthday card and Many thanks card have been done with watercolour pencils and the big butterfly is the versamark and chalk technique and the floral card with the verse on the front is the chalks and versamark technique also, this week we used the Wheels as the ladies have never created with them before.
Next week we are doing Father's Day cards so I will share them next week. I have been teaching these Ladies from scratch so we tend to stay basic until they get to know all the different techniques and as I sell Stampin up we always use those products except the kindy glitz but I do love that stuff and IRL it just finishes off cards and layouts at times. I have 1 Lady who only wants to stamp and my girlfriend who wants to do layouts so it has been hard knowing what to do but lately we have decided we all need our card collection built up instead of last minute creating before Birthdays so we have been busy creating around themes, this week was based on Sister cards.

Does anyone else find that if they have a bad day the next day other members of the Family will have a meltdown also. Tuesday arvo after I was tired and cranky over generally cleaning up after everyone else etc etc. So I had my usual explosion and then everyone decided to pick up their act yesterday so all is good again. I find it really hard to define the line between Mum and Slave at times, like how much of my day should be about everyone else and at what point does it cut off and be about something I am really busting to get done for me. I would love feedback from anyone who can shed some light on this as I really am doing my head in about how much time a Mum needs to put aside for everyone else???? Like you could clean all day but basically I am sick to the gills of that scenario so I am trying to do the most important stuff and then take some time out for something I like doing like scrapping or reading a mag, I am thinking maybe my kidlets get too much of me as I can't even sit down these days for 5 mins to watch a news story and 1 of them is at me for a hug or crawling all over me. I love hugs but I do want to see the news occasionally.
But to get back on track about these meltdowns, I picked the kidlets up, came home, did the usual sort everyone out with a snack and thought fine I might read the local paper. Trin came and sat near me and started colouring in and drawing and I could sense she needed to be near me and have a little of my time which was cool, I was really enjoying the close silence we were having when all of a sudden she starts doing her nut about not being able to draw a dress as good as her friend. Well it just got worse with every attempt she just became a crying, screaming mess so I am sensing a pattern here that this is her meltdown day which is usual the day after mine, so I was not allowed to help her or offer advice, she just kept loosing the plot and then I left and went to another room thinking she may cool down but no she followed but she would not be consoled, I tried lying on the bed and cuddling her and settling her down but no she still wouldn't settle so I just went silent. I grabbed a piece of paper and sat next to her saying nothing and started to draw a little girl with a dress and prettied it all up and she sat and kept looking at what I was doing and tried to copy and eventually she got something she was happy with. So it was a case of actions speak louder than words yesterday. Far out the challenges you get hit with.

Then Tim comes home and his brow is just 1 line so I am guessing his day has been crappy too, well he comes in and explodes into life which sees me retract like a turtle into her shell. Then I get "well if you don't want to help me or listen to me after a bad day don't expect the same back for you". OKKKKAYYYY so we are talking a bad day so I listen and offer advice but he just needs to let off steam so silence again is the best medicine but look intelligent and sympathetic when needed. Far out I don't think my meltdowns are going to happen anymore because paybacks are a "bitch", I think in future I will go out the bush and scream or let it out some other way as I am getting back more than I am giving ATM. LOL. So this morning I have listened again to Tim's issues before he went to work and once again he will probably let them walk all over him but at least I listened and this morning he listened back to my advice. Man oh man if us Mum's got paid for all the different roles we play in our households we would be very rich women. Cleaners, cooks, counsellors, mediators the list just is endless and all for LOVE. Far out LOVE has such a lot to answer for don't you think. LOL.

Well if you got through all this you so need a cup of coffee, chocolate and a pat on the back, go and give yourself some lovin because if your household is like mine, "if it comes from anyone else it will be at a price" well that is my thought for the day. LOL. Hope you have a good one and remember my fellow sisters out their lets remember 1 thing it is not SELFISH to think about ourselves somewhere within our day!!!!!!!! Have a good one.
Take care
Trace.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posted by Picasa

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers