Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy new Year

Hi

We had a quiet New Years Eve, just the kids and D.H and I, had nibblies and BBQ and all was good till Tim took Zays nappy off and whilst riding around the kids suddenly stopped horrified as a glorious nugget dropped out the side of Zay's shorts. lol. How to kill a good party get D.H. to take toddlers nappy off!!!!! So it was off to baths and showers with the kids, (after I had cleaned up the droppings) and time to tidy up and get kidlets to bed. We then watched the 9pm fireworks on T.V. with Keelan before he went to bed and then watched a DVD and then I played on computer till Tim came and kissed me at midnight. Then I departed for bed!!! I kept thinking how boring we have become and how years ago I would have been slamming a few drinks back in good company but then been crook as a dog the next morning, like a good friend of mine is today, I rang to wish her happy new year and her hubby said she had not surfaced yet and that was 12.30pm, he said she had indulged far too much last night uggggh glad it was her and not me, I am so not one for hangovers!!!!

The thing I like to do these days is have a great New Years Day without wishing it away with a sore head and tum. I love to soak up the New Year on the Day, we did roast pork and turkey breast roll in the barbecue and I made Cauli cheese and beans and gravy inside and the other vegies went in the BBQ also and we a lovely bottle of wine with lunch and choccies after and just soaked up the atmosphere with the kids, I dressed the table up like Christmas as we had not really had Christmas with Keelan yet and had his favourite crackling of the pork and he just loved it and enjoyed every mouthful and for us it was like our Christmas Day, so we have had an amazing day with the kids, then Zay had a rest and we all vegged out for a while and then at 4pm we got the slippery slide out and sat out the back and watched the kids going on that. A true family day just bliss and I didn't take 1 photo, never mind I just loved being in the moment!!!! So I hope that is a sign of how our year is going to be, pretty much about family and good times.

On that note I will be off and go and vege some more. Having the best holiday even if we are at home, the kids have been angels apart from some tiffs they are really being so good, it feels like we have shifted into another stage with the kids. I know that would make sense to parents of little ones as you do really notice when they shift a little more towards their independence and free you up from one little thing, it is sad they are growing so quick but it is lovely getting to know them at this new stage, they just seem to be so different.

Take care
Trace.

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers