Sunday, January 21, 2007

Great weekend

Hi, we have had the best weekend, exhausting but the best I have had in ages. Friday the kidlets and I set off early and shopped for groceries, they behaved so so well I was very proud and so happy with them, the secret is definitely get it over and done with first up in the a.m. then we came home unpacked that and I did some cleaning up and then put Zay down for a rest and then had lunch and a rest with the girls myself, we were watching a DVD in between me dozing off on the score board and thinking I really should get the house spick n span before Sat morning when my Mum and Dad and Bro and SIL and kidlets were arriving but procrastinated about it when I had a lurking feeling I could get an early visit when the girls spang off their chairs and said Nana and Grandad are here, oh boy, I had been sprung, not that they were worried but I just love a clean house when people visit anyway I managed to get some sort of respectible in between catching up with them.

Saturday was Go karts and Brad and Kim and girls arrived at morning tea time and then the Men went out to the track and we organised a picnic lunch and Mum and Kim and I caught up on news and drooled over the stampin up catalogue and I did demos for them, all fun. So about 4pm we went out to the track and watched the racing, Keelan is doing great in his new class and Tim and Brad were on fire after having a big break from racing, Tim had the best day, getting a couple of 1st and Brad was out front most the other times. The kids loved it although Zay is obsessed with his Dad and Grandad and spent most of the time trying to get to them, we ended up having tea and staying in the pits so he would stop wondering off. My God daughter and Niece Dakota is just amazing, the best baby girl, I was slack on the camera, just absorbed the atmosphere but in a few weeks I will have to get snap happy when they come down again. We left the track late and came home and bathed babes and put them to bed then had a shower ourselves and cuppa and then Kim and I did some more stampin up dreaming. We got to bed a 1.15am. Today has been relaxing, the kids have been so great playing, my girls are real little Mummies doting over their cousins, they love them so much giving Dakota a bottle and entertaining her and Mikayla. Zay has just loved having someone his size around it is rare for him to have little folk his size and he gets on better with Mikayla all the time.

The girls have gone home with Mum and Dad for a week, Keelan has returned home and is going for a sleepover with a friend tomorrow and to the beach and I have some serious sorting out and cleaning up to do while the girls are away some toys are going bush, too much clutter again, but after christmas with new arrivals some old toys are going to have to go.

Thankyou Mum, Dad, Brad, Kim and Girls for a great weekend, we all pitched in and it made it so great and enjoyable and thanks Kim for all the giggles and laughs, I can always count on you for some laughter!!! Heres to the Pages race team getting a great year in and us having a great time with it. Off to bed now for some much needed sleep. Have a great week, not much left of school holidays, enjoy it while it lasts.
Take Care
Trace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi trace

Well finally I have the time to respond, the girls are sleeping (at the moment!!) and Brad is in tune snoring after struggling to go to work this morning, after getting home from Busselton, brad called the concrete man and like always he was to come the next day - today to do the back driveway from the shed so Grandad and Brad burned the candle and had it all ready to go just before 10pm a long day for them both. The girls didn't want to settle last night Dakota thought she would party all night with small dozes, everytime I got comfy she woke up again so at 3.30am I gave up and was pretty much awake from then. Mikayla is all excited about going out with Nana and the girls tomorrow and having a sleep over with is rare for her, Daddy doesn't like his precious princesses too far away. Well the weekend was great and I can't wait to get my parcel of goodies it was great to be able to get a demo of the products and know what they all do as looking at a catologe is not the same you have inspired me to get motivated and get on with the scrapping and card making since I haven't done any for 12months which isn't good as I have 2 albulms to get up to date now!!

Well thanks for the lovely blog we all had a great weekend too and should do it more often it was lovely to catch up and relax with out rushing around and counting down the days to we come down in early Feb - a bit of wine and bikkies might be the go this time.

All our love

kim, brad and girls

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a ball Trace!! lots of fun hey!


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers