Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A quiet Christmas

Hi,
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and santa delivered everything you had on your list. lol. We had a lovely morning with the Kids opening their santa sacks and going ape over their goodies, we really spoilt them this year as they only had our gifts and Tim's folks gift on Christmas Day as my Family had given them Christmas for the 2 weeks prior to Christmas. Anyway we took our time letting them have time with their pressies and then had a bit of toast and cuppa and got ready to go to in laws. Arrived at about 11.40am to huh thought you weren't coming. Hmm maybe we will go!! So on with the Day, the kids were starving by 1.30pm when we had lunch and they had 1 present to open, just small items and no nibblies as FIL said it would spoil their lunch and so we had lunch and MIL was nearly ripping the pork out of Tim's hand as he carved, "That will be enough!" she said and whisked it away. So we had a hot lunch light on if ever I have had a Christmas lunch and then some pudding, poor Trin got fed by FIL and he gave her Cauliflower which she dry reached on and spat out to be called a PIG by FIL, poor chick it was my fault for not telling them to leave it off her plate. So then the kids wouldnt eat the bland lumpy custard and plum pudding so that went down a storm. I got the goodie platter out and the kids came running only to be told by MIL they had to wait and that they couldn't have too much, I have photos to share later of Zay being really cheeky and stealing handfuls of choccies.
So for tea we had cold meat and salad which I could bearly get some meat on my plate as it was so light on again. I found it really depressing to be so controlled on Christmas day and my kids behaved so well, played all day inside quietly until after tea and then they got rowdy I think they just had to let off steam so that will be my last Christmas with Tim's family, I will find every excuse under the sun to never have to go to another one.
I have decided to make New Years Day our Christmas feast for my little family and we can enjoy the day together. Must say but it would have to be the first Christmas day I have felt hungry!!!!

Onto brighter things Keelan came home today and had his presents to open, he has had a lovely Christmas thank goodness and is happy to be home and even Tim is happy he is home, we are off tomorrow for a drive to a brewery for lunch and to the Yahava coffee place to get some beans and just have a bit of scenic therapy. Have created a l.o. tonight will share later.
Must go and get some sleep, hope to get some great photos tomorrow of us all out and about.
Take care
Trace.

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers