Thursday, November 29, 2007

Layout and funky fabric.

Hi
I created this layout above of Zay but the photo is not the best, the colours have come out dull as I took it in my scrap room last night but you get the idea. I used my cuttlebug for the first time to add little bits of features to this page, I love the embossed effect it gives for a journal box. I now have it on my scrap table so I use it more often.

Some other great news I purchased the Super Food Ideas bumper Christmas issue a few weeks ago and loved it from start to finish, I was so inspired and all the recipes just seem so yummy without huge amounts of time having to be put into them which is great as I want the kidlets to cook Christmas goodies with me this year. The girls already created their Star wreaths out of the book which I will get a pic of and share. Then I fell in love with the table setting with the funky christmas fabric that was used. I searched town for some of this fabric but the local store has only got in some Christmas fabric that they brought off the ark. It was just gross, so I came home very deflated after the mag had me inspired so much. I then sent an email to Super Food firstly thanking them for such a great issue and then asking then where I could get the fabric as I couldn't narrow it down from the stockists list. They emailed me back with all the details and I have since ordered and received this gorgeous fabric below, so now I just have to get sewing to create our Christmas decor.


I was so excited to receive this gorgeous bundle of fabric, isn't it yummy. But the best news of all, Today I get an email from Natalie at Super Food Ideas to say they had read my email again and decided to include it in Feb issue and asked for my address so they could send my prize. WOO HOO I don't know what is coming yet but how FABBO to take a little time out to Thank people for inspiration and be rewarded with a prize. That is just so rare for me to win something, I am over the moon.

On the not so fun front I have been sick for a fortnight with a chest cold and now my tonsils are infected and then my back went out on Monday so I have been walking like a bent crane for the week, I am just finding I can straighten up today. This mixed with a Prayer and morning tea with Keelan's class on Tuesday and a morning of events that threw everything at me to stop me going but I was going hell or high water and it has been a week I would rather get over and not have again. I just hate being sick and yesterday afternoon I just collapsed on the lounge and had to let Zay do his own thing which he did in fine form, the things I found later, torches left on around the house and then he cut his hair with Tim's clippers, came and gave me a cuddle and left ringlets on my shoulder, oh those beautiful curls. When I questioned him about it he said "Dad cut his hair Mum". Oh boy this child has all the answers. I am feeling the best today that I have felt all week, I just hope this is the end of feeling like utter mud for a long time. I just feel like I could sleep for a week though, the kidlets knowing I was feeling crappy took advantage of being total bickering pains, no nurturing for this Mum, they just pay out on me double time as they know the last thing I feel like doing is carrying out law and order. I am looking forward to a visit from Mum for a few days next week and then she is taking Zay home with her so I can get some Christmas shopping done and the rest of the school events finished without dragging Zay to them all.
Take care
Trace.

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers