Thursday, November 22, 2007

Do kidlets always show the faultlines in your Family???

Hi
Yesterday I had Keelan home, feeling dizzy and unwell, so I took the girls to school and he looked after Zay for me, when I got home as they knew I was fairly frazzled and under the pump getting Trin motivated for school, they had done the dishes for me and cleaned up the kitchen, what sweeties they are. I then had time to jump on the treadmill and then got stuck into my bathrooms while Zay was being Keelan's little shadow, it was lovely to hear them talking and having Brother time without the sometimes pesky Sisters. I am sure Keelan probably would have been fine for school but sometimes a day home with Mum is just good for the soul, I know I loved pulling sickies and being with Mum.

I went to pick up the Girls in the arvo and Trin's teacher wanted a chat, I just had a sense that things with Trin at school were starting to falter and sure enough she is being a brat, testing her teacher for the wrong kind of attention, of course the question was asked "Is anything different going on at home with Trin ATM as she is acting up at school and for the last fortnight has been not herself". So I then go over everything in my head lately and how much trouble she has been in at home at times mainly for lack of motivation and being asked things 10 times before an answer and yes I am pretty tuckered out trying to get them to bed at all with daylight savings as they will still be having a party at 9pm if they aren't told to go to sleep 20,000 times a night. Hence I have little time and patience to feel I am touching base with her at night before bed, the longer cuddles and kisses and I love you's have become a quick peck, quick cuddle and night GO TO SLEEP. But they have still had their story most nights however it seems no little flinch in routine and lack of love is acceptable to Trin and she is my constant reminder that when important things are loosing priority that she will get it back on track even if it means I am marched to the teacher to be questioned about the monster emerging from Trin.

So this morning I was in no hurry to get any to school, Trin had coughed and dreamt and had a bad night so I had already thought to keep her home and try and get into her head and see what is going on but Keelan woke me with "are you getting up today it's 7.50am and I am going to school" so up I bolt and command orders at everyone and get this house cracking. Keelan made school on time and home we came and the girls packed up their usual goodies and headed outside but come mid morning the signs of the not so good Trin were appearing and she was sent to the naughty chair which she did not do and next thing I hear the stereo blasting and Rainee flies outside with her hands at her ears crying Trin is killing my ears. So I down the volume and look for the culprit who is hiding in her room, march her to the naughty chair and then I start trying to get to bottom of this stuff going on with her. For once the other 2 left me alone and I had the perfect opportunity to get it all sorted out with her and get this Kim her reason is she is missing her Zoe????? So I told her maybe in the Christmas holidays they may be able to see each other. But I know that it is a bucket load of other stuff, end of year tiredness, missing Tim, missing Nana and Grandad and having grumpy Mum as her main carer who is extremely busy, tired and not in a fun place herself ATM. So I guess she is the fault line in our Family and she just shows it all like it is and expresses it the only way she knows how. After our big talk and hug, I sat them all down at the table and got them drawing, Trin is great at drawing and it is a great creative outlet for her but lately she has not even been doing that, so I sharpened pencils and withdrew the urge to hang out washing and just gave my kidlets time and talk and love and reassurance and they are so much better for it all tonight and Trin has had a huge catch up with Nana and Grandad on the phone tonight as she truly loves and misses them and do you know this has been my wake up to get my head out of my rubbish and to start looking at the little people around me more and give them some time on the forefront, I always speak to Mum and the kidlets hardly do so for weeks she has pinned for her Nana and yet a simple phone call could make her feel that connection is still there so as of tonight, every Thursday in this house is Grandparents phone call night and it is purely for the 4 kidlets to speak to Nana and Grandad.

Wow this has been a long post, I really want this to remind me how on track I need to keep things for the Family though. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
Take care
Trace.

2 comments:

Kim said...

{{{{Hugs}}}} for you Tracey. I can totally relate to everything in this post!

Sharon Manning said...

I know where you are coming from Tracey - I feel like I'm being pulled in about 20 different directions at once at the moment. But my kids should always come first...I lose sight of that too at times.


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers