Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Garden is getting there.

Hi
Our weekend was pretty busy as usual, the kiddos and I watched Trin dance on Saturday, she is coming along nicely since she has only been going a few weeks, she tries so hard to remember her steps and I am proud of her for her efforts.

Saturday when Tim came home we got out and started pulling out more plants from the front garden bed to make way for new and changes, it ended up being about 4 hours out the front garden cleaning up lots.

Sunday was the wind up for Surf club, the kids had a great time again then we came home and got kiddos showered then went to Bunnings to get new plants, Tim picked these pots up for me Saturday arvo that I had been and picked out. We came home armed with new plants, shovels, pruners etc, and Tim got planting, I helped as best I could but my back went out on me at Surf club so I was not too good by then. Anyway we got it done and you always feel so great after gardening I reckon. Keelan helped a lot with it also and then he went with a friend to the pool for a few hours later in the arvo and the kiddos had fun riding the bike out on the street with a couple of girls from down the road, they loved it, reminded me of when I was a little girl of course we could ride around a lot more then as people seemed more responsible in there cars and there wasn't so many.

This is a new pot I got for the front door and replanted my fern into it so it should spread and take off now, the pot doesnt look it here but it is huge so the birds nest can fill out now.
This is my other new pot which is also huge and is the middle feature for the front garden, it now needs new bricks around the outside so hopefully on the weekend we can get them and put a limestone border around it and get rid of the bits n pieces rock border currently there, once that is done we will mulch it and it should I hope look a thousand times better than before and now. All the new Azaleas are planted, along with some of the older ones I left there and we got 5 verigated flax plants for around the pot which in the sun look really effective and pretty. Then at the back of the garden along the walkway to the front door we left a fern and that long stemed plant and put 3 more ferns with them. The peppy trees are loosing leaves by the bucket load ATM so that tends to make the garden look messy but once it is complete I will take some better pics in the sun to show the end result.


We have had so much fun changing this garden around and it has changed the front of the house so much, I even put my little garden seat out by the front door, it is a nice place to sit and watch the kiddos on their bikes or read a book if I get that pleasure. It should be a pretty garden in winter when the Azaleas all flower too.

Today Zay and I went to a craft group, he went to the creche and I scrapped for 2 hours it was wonderful although I got a cup of water spilt on my layout and not mine I might add so it has water damage and I have to fix up a couple of minor things on it but it will be ongoing as it is the easter hunt from a couple of years ago and I have heaps of not so great photos but I want to scrap them all the same.
Well better be off and busy with more catch up. Take care
Trace.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janine said...

Wowoweeee- your new pots and your garden looks fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Hi trace

The garden looks great, we are hoping to update some plants and get borders around garden when the F500 sells, I am exhausted today I have built Rome!! All kiddies are in their own rooms and no one in our room, Marcus loves his cot and his own room thank god one of them does LOL but all looking good and lots to go to the tip

Talk soon

Kim

Kim said...

The garden looks great Tracey! I hope you are going to share photos when those azaleas are in full flower - I looooove azaleas! Enjoy what's left of the week :)


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers