Thursday, June 12, 2008

Poor neglected blog.

Well it's been a while and I guess that indicates life has been full on in this household. Tim has gone back yesterday for his next 2 weeks stint but after he rang last night it seems this WA gas problem may also impact them as most South West plants are shutting down and they have a lot of staff they are wanting to send up to Tim's workplace as they are at this stage still able to operate however they may all be getting big cut backs in work due to having to give them all something.

I tell you just when you think things are going to be looking good on the budget for a while it turns to mud!!!

The kiddos and I seem to be finding our way with life without Dad in the house, Zay probably is the worst affected as he can't really understand why he had Dad home for 6 days and now he has gone again. We had a big conversation about why he has to go away or even go to work yesterday but he really can't get it, he said he has plenty of money (coins) so Dad doesn't have to work, how precious are they, if only life could be that plain and simple.

I have been super busy having a big throw out and clean up again, I have got the house to a point now where I can keep up with everything without looking like a chook with it's head cut off, the first week Tim was away the impact was quite major as I suddenly became "IT" for the kiddos, I copped a lot of attitude and meltdowns and mess but by the end of the second week I had started to plow through it all and start to see the sunshine, then Tim came home and everything seemed to stop and I found it hard having him around the house all the time as well as having him go through the re adjustment to noise and kids demands, camp life is pretty good for the workers, they get off the bus, have tea, pack their lunch for the next day, catch up with mates, go to the gym and kick back in their room and watch TV or DVD's if they want to be alone, certainly a lot different than the demands of the Family so he took a few days to adjust. I just hope this all gets easier as time goes on and that's if he still has a job when they work out what is happening up there. sigh.

This seems a bit gloomy but it really is where we are at "ADJUSTMENT" really is our word ATM. LOL.

I haven't been creative on the scrapping side however I have been crocheting every night, the kiddos have orders for their own lap rugs so I am still getting Keelan's done and Zay is dragging his wool out asking me to start on his. LOL. The Girls got their hair chopped off yesterday and they are now sporting short bobs, they look so cute and they can now manage their own hair YIPPEE, this morning they brushed it and put their headbands on without my help, no more fighting and crying over knots, just one of the reasons we went for the chop and although I loved their long hair, I am embracing the change. I will get pics of them and post them.

Keelan is still going well with soccer, they won against one of the best teams on Saturday, boy what a nail biting game, I was very vocal but I blended with the other parents, (I hope), such an exciting game and so great to see this team growing stronger every week. Geoff will be at this weeks game for him as it is out of town and then they are having the weekend together. We went out to tea Saturday night with friends and the kiddos had a great time except for Rainee slamming her finger in the door when we got there, she has had such a bruised and black finger and nail, plus she broke the skin and was bleeding, poor little chick was in pain for the first half of our night, then we all came home and gave her panadol and had hot chocolates and marshmallows.

Well that is about it for now, need to blog more often again so I can keep up with everything happening or the post ends up being really random. Take care, Trace.

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers