Friday, June 20, 2008

Ouch!

Yesterday was a pretty full on day and great in so many ways but it finished off with Zaylan doing this to himself which really was the most scary injury I have been presented with so far. Let me digress:

Started off with us all getting out the door for the day without too much hassle, dropped the kids to school then Zay to daycare which he was not pleased about at all, tears and holding my neck so tight that I was being strangled but Mon came to the rescue and got him to cuddle and dribble on her while I left and waved goodbye heading out the road. I had an early waxing appointment so off to that I went, feeling like a Lady again I left there and had a bit of a shop at Target then flew home, put some washing on did a quick whip around the house of sorts, prettied myself up again and went and met my Bestie for some lunch oh after I stopped by and bought some fav CD's to listen to. Foo Fighters and Gabriella Cilmi now in my collection woo hoo.

After lunch we grabbed some groceries for tea, flew home again and unloaded them and then back to Besties house for a wash, cut and blow dry, too good. Then it was time to pick the kiddos up so off to get them and then I had a parent/teacher interview with Rainee's teacher, seems all is well with her and Pre primary. Off then to Harvey Norman for Keelan to buy a Memory stick for school work and then pick up one happy little boy who ended up having a great day of play.

Home and start tea and get fire going along with lots of other bits on the go although I decided I really needed a chicken and tomato risotto for tea so that is a little on the need attention side which meant I could not be buzzing around getting kiddos in for bath etc as they were all playing out the backyard and it was starting to get cold and dark. Next minute crying and Keelan comes in with Zaylan and I turned around to see an egg on his eyebrow the size of a big marble and bleeding coming from his cut on the eyelid. Off went tea, out with the freezer pack and an assessment of whether the hospital was needed for the cut, the lump just threw me, it was huge and the worst fright any of the kids have every given me. So we did ice and it appeared to go down and Keelan was nurse while I got the girls into a cold shower, grrrr as I didn't put the solar heater booster on and the fire was still struggling to get going, when it gets hectic, it sure lets rip. Anyway it all calmed after a while and I was sure glad to tuck them into bed last night before anything else could happen. Zay is stopping people in their tracks today as his eye is far worse than the photos seem to show and he is bumping into things as the bung one is half shut. I can only imagine in the next few days as the bruising comes out what pretty colours it will turn. OMG he has certainly turned into a boy lately, and how did it happen you ask well you pull apart your plastic play house and try to kill the clothesline with the pole only to have the pole come right back at ya and belt you in the eye. Has he learnt his lesson, no way he is back out there today with the sticks he can find belting whatever gets in his way. Ohhhh no wonder I am going grey. LOL.

This morning we have been to Keelan's class prayer morning which was just wonderful, Father Wally was also there and had some lovely words to say to the children. Then Zay and I shopped and stopped, stopped to explain the eye to everyone who grimaced in pain when they looked at him, never had so many people stopping me to chat before. LOL. Home now and cleaning up the feral urban tip we abode in and tomorrow after Dancing and Soccer I am heading to the big smoke to catch up with Mumma and Pappa for a night with the kiddos, roast lamb with them tomorrow night and breaky by the beach on Sunday, woo hoo can't wait. I am also feeling really liberated ATM with managing the home front by myself, all my doubt has subsided and it is replaced with a high of YES I AM DOING IT, we are going great guns on the home front. Have a great weekend.
Take care, Trace.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janine said...

Oh my....poor little man! I so hope he is much better now!


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers