Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The end is nigh!!

We have had very busy summer holidays this year, I have had the best time with the kids and they have nearly turned into dolphins they have been swimming so much. Mum and Dad took Keelan and Trinity home after Christmas for a week with them in Perth, they lived at the beach as it was pretty hot and Mum and Dad live a street back from the beach, they went to movies too. The little ones and I enjoyed the week mostly at home, we did got to the movies and saw Madagascar 2 which I liked better than the first one. We took them out to tea also as a treat with just Tim and I and then on Sunday we met halfway for a picnic lunch with Mum and Dad and My Brother Brad and SIL Kim and their kids, it was hot but we enjoyed the day together and the kids had a great play.

We swapped the kids over and we had the 2 big ones for the next week. We didn't have such a successful week with our plans, we went to go see Australia but it was full house, so we rented DVD's instead then Keelan and I decided we would give Bingo a go so we went and waited but no action, they didn't start till the following week. We still had fun in other ways but they did get bummed out that their plans kept getting mucked around.

I met Mum and Aunty Carol in Bunbury on the next Sunday and we had lunch and I was then glad to have my little family back home together. They started swimming lessons on the 13th Jan for 2 weeks so we have had every day at the beach for the last fortnight and some days we stayed the whole day and had a picnic. It is amazing how much water confidence Zaylan has developed in that time with Trin even jumping off the deep end of the jetty. Keelan passed stage 12, Trin passed stage 2 and Rainee passed stage 1 so they are going really well with their swimming. It was great to do vacswim as it gave us a reason to be at the beach every day.

On the long weekend, Tim finally had 3 days off, Saturday we spent time at home getting cleaned up and organised for our day trip to Perth on Sunday for my Nephews Christening which I was one of the Godmothers for. Even though it was hot we had a great day and enjoyed catching up with everyone again, it's been a year since I've seen my Youngest Brother so it was good to catch up although family events can be busy. We headed home after giving the kids a shower at Mum's and they were ready for bed when we got home. On the way home when Zay got noddy I started playing spotto with them, we had fun and Zay all of four was so specific with his spotto's like "find me a green wheelie bin" and a "red motorbike with a rider on it", great game to get everyone in the car involved and switched on.

Sunday Tim went for his first dive in 5 years, with my Girlfriends Hubby and her and I took the kids to the beach which the guys came back to with the boat then did some crabbing as they got no crays. Rainee and Trin enjoyed their first time in a boat and had so much fun Zay on the other hand anchored himself to me and would not have a bar of it. We then left once we had some crabs and went back to their place for a BBQ and fresh crabs, and some refreshing G & T's for Keen and I, yummo, the kids spent the rest of the arvo and evening in the pool, they just never have enough of water my kids, so once again it was home warm showers and they crashed, Zay was lights out before his head hit the pillow. I have also had a few visits from Friends I have not seen in years and lost contact with through moves etc. I think my year is going to be about RECONNECTING, I think life cycles at times when you get busy as new parents you loose time with friends along the way and now my youngest is 4 it looks like life has gone in a new direction and I am picking up those loose ends and getting back into the social side of life more, what a wonderful reward to have awaiting you for your efforts at putting things on hold while you have busy times with new babies.

I have loved bonding with the kids over the holidays, sadly it is coming to an end very quick, we have stayed very busy and active these holidays which has been great and made the best of the great outdoors we have right in our own backyard. Yesterday I had a great visit from a dear friend I have missed very much in my life so we will make a big effort to stay in touch and catch up from now on, wish she lived closer though I never tire of her company, she was a big part of my life when Keelan and I were on our own and she is the most positive light you could have in your life even though she has many struggles of her own. I need to reconnect with scrapping next week and bring that back into my life also and keep my blog updated. Looking forward to what next week will bring.
Take care, Trace.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:


About Me

I am wife to Tim and SAHM to four kids. Love scrapbooking with a passion as it captures colour, love and beauty and expression all in a layout. Love Coffee, chocolate and lazy days with the Family.

Followers